It really does burn: California fires cause bizarre outbreak of rashes, bumps, and allergic reactions in residents
- Several fires broke out near Rancho Cordova in Northern California last week
- Around the same time several locals broke out in mysterious rashes
- Allergic reactions span giant bumps, itching, and swelling tongues
- Rancho Cordova locals are scrambling to find the source of the allergic reactions
- Some believe poison oak may be to blame as some victims have been prescribed creams that target oak rashes
Published: 22:22 EDT, 12 July 2018 | Updated: 11:35 EDT, 13 July 2018
California‘s raging brush fires may have led to an outbreak of bizarre rashes effecting residents in the northern part of the state.
As several fires broke out last weekend during a brutal heat wave, residents of Rancho Cordova, near San Francisco, reported itchy skin rashes plaguing the community.